Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Awesome Show

The Non-Pro Amateur Extravaganza June 28-29, 2009 at the Red Horse Ranch in Fergus Falls, Minnesota was another great show. Mostly because Red Horse has absolutely the best accommodations around; huge stalls (mostly with mats others dirt floor), indoor hot water washrack, near perfect ground not only in the show pen but in the loping pen too, and plenty of other stuff that I only notice when a facility doesn't have it, lol.

Anyway, I can put another couple check marks in the win column for studly. We won the $5,000 Novice Horse Non-Pro on Sunday and were also 2nd in the $10,000 Amateur. Missed the money by 1 pt on Saturday, oh well, that's the luck of the cattle I guess. Or, more like pilot error. It looks like we might have a fair shot at the year end title for the $5,000 NH-NP in North Dakota. Very exciting for a short, fat, old stud pony.

I'm waiting on the video from that show. Hopefully it looks as good as it felt and I can get some stills for the advertising flyer. I'm thinking it might also be kinda fun to have a couple jean jackets made. Then I and my poor recruited friends can be walking billboards.
The next show looks like it will be the ND State Fair. I'm missing out on 2 MN shows this month to keep up on work (so I can afford to show, lol) which is no fun, but I'm really looking forward to the Fair.
I'm also going to get up some videos of Harley, that I took the first few days we had him. He looks like a crazy Arab running around the pasture and they turned out to be pretty funny.

In other not so exciting news, I expect that I will be a better blogger for the rest of the summer because I just upgraded to a smart phone and will be able to post from that.

3 comments: